Wednesday, May 29, 2013

READ: Arpaio's Last Minute Fundraising Appeal: Recall'ers "Going To Dump Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars In The Closing Hours"

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is now flat-out BS'ing to try to raise money from his supporters.  In an e-mail this afternoon, he claims "one of my most trusted advisors" just told him "that the recall organizers are going to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars in the closing hours to pay for the remaining signatures." (e-mail reproduced below the jump)

Ergo, he needs donations "in the next 48 hours (to) show that I'm not going anywhere."

First, Arpaio's most trusted advisor, campaign manager Chad Willems, knows that the recall organizers cannot throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at paid circulators with less than 26 hours left.  Willems knows that there is no paid circulation effort in place and that it cannot restart that quickly.

Second, donations made to Arpaio's 2016 reelection campaign in the next 48 hours will not show anyone anything.  If the recall organizers do file signatures tomorrow to place the recall on the ballot, THEN Arpaio will need donations to check signatures and file a legal challenge.

Recall organizers need more than 335,000 valid signatures to place a recall on the ballot.




Fellow Patriot,


Tomorrow at midnight, the recall campaign against me will be forced to turn over all of their collected signatures.

We can be sure that they are going to pull out all of the stops in the next 48 hours to try and collect the remaining signatures. I was just told from one of my most trusted advisors that the recall organizers are going to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars in the closing hours to pay for the remaining signatures.

I need your help.

Time is limited and your donation in the next 48 hours will show that I'm not going anywhere. In fact far from it. I am going to continue to serve as the American's Toughest Sheriff and will uphold the laws I was rightfully elected to uphold.

My opponents are working overtime because they know I am a no-nonsense Sheriff.

I know with your help we can stop this recall dead in its tracks.

We are now in the closing hours of this fight. I hope you will make one more small sacrifice and contribute to my campaign to stop this recall today.



Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Maricopa County, Arizona




Paid for by Elect Sheriff Joe Arpaio



We welcome your comments about this post. Or, if you have something unrelated on your mind, please e-mail to info-at-arizonaspolitics-dot-com or call 602-799-7025. Thanks.

No comments: